1. Create a calendar and have your child fill in the days of the week and the events that are happening.
2. Teach kids to cook using step-by-step directions.
3. Create musical instruments from materials found around the house. Need help? Enchanted Learning provides instructions for such Musical Instruments as a rattle, box guitar, maraca, and rain stick.
4. Learn about national parks from the comfort of your own home, and encourage your child to complete online activities and become a Web Ranger. Materials are grouped by age and include cool awards and a membership card.
5. Have your child keep a journal about fun summer events they participated in.